Repair & Maintenance
For Sacramento AC repair, people trust the experienced professionals at Rhino Heating & Air Conditioning. We work with all major brands, and we guarantee customer satisfaction on every job. That includes keeping our prices competitive, using only the highest quality products, and providing superior customer service.
At Rhino Heating & Air Conditioning, we specialize in installing, replacing, maintaining and repairing AC and heating systems. We are a family-owned and operated company, and we treat our Sacramento area customers like the neighbors that they are! When you call us for service, you can count on us to be prompt, courteous and knowledgeable.
We provide AC and heating services for both residential and commercial customers. From cleaning out a small residential system to repairing a complex system for a large commercial facility, we get the job done right. Keeping your AC system running in peak condition is the best way to stay comfortable in the hot summer months, and it keeps your energy bills down as well. In addition to our regular services, we offer emergency service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Air Conditioning Maintenance
Rhino Heating and Air Conditioning recommends that your air conditioning system is thoroughly inspected, tested and maintained, every year before or during the summer season. We perform tune-ups for a minimal fee AND we perform a system evaluation at no extra charge.
A tune-up and evaluation will allow Rhino’s qualified service technician to determine whether the unit is running at optimal efficiency. Not only will this prevent wasting your money and energy, but it will also extend the life of your system and help prevent breakdowns during the hottest times of the year.
Why is extending the life of your heating and air system so important?
New heating and air systems are very costly compared to simple maintenance. Anything you can do to intelligently extend the life of your existing system will save you big dollars in not having to buy a new system. We partner with our customers to save money on costly repairs and replacement whenever possible!
Services Included in Tune-up
- Check all electrical connections on outside unit
- Check condenser fan motor for worn, leaking or dry bearings
- Lubrication of condenser fan motors when oil ports are present
- Connect refrigerant gauges to proper access ports
- Document refrigerant pressure, current indoor and outdoor temperatures to accurately determine if unit is properly charged
- Perform energy consumption analysis of A/C unit with electrical test meters
- Verify that compressor and all motors are running within factory specifications
- Check inside return air for airtight integrity and adequate filter grill surface area
- Inspect blower motor and wheel for excess dirt or debris build up
- Check blower motor bearings for worn, leaking or dry bearings
- Lubrication of blower motor when oil ports are present
- Check for air loss around furnace or air handler
- Inspect for dirt or debris clogging evaporator coil (when signs of problems)
- Clean around attic equipment and ensure all doors and connections are secure
- Verify correct air flow is being generated relative to the system size
- Inspect ducts visually to see any obvious trouble with duct system
- Check thermostat for accuracy
- Test outside unit throughout entire operating mode to ensure minimum power consumption and maximum cooling capacity
- Disconnect all test equipment from unit (replace all panels and caps)
- Check Freon gauge access ports for leaks
- Clean all working areas used during tune-up
- Verify that temperature difference between the return air and supply vents are adequate for your home
- Clean or replace A/C filter (homeowner must supply replacement filter)
- Report current condition of A/C unit and helpful tips that can improve the efficiency, comfort or indoor air quality of your home